Arden is a small but perfectly formed detached studio, nestling in the garden of Arden Cottage (our home) in Godshill Wood. It’s located in the New Forest – so much so that donkeys and ponies can often congregate outside your gate. The bedroom, separated by sliding doors, has a king size bed and a huge picture window. Wake up to the sight of horses, birds, squirrels and deer in the neighbouring fields.
The open plan living area has a small kitchenette with combination microwave, 2 ring induction hob, dishwasher, washer drier and a breakfast bar with seating for 2. The sofa can convert into a second bed if required. A shower room with complimentary toiletries completes the inside living space. The studio has WiFi, TV with a built in DVD player and Sky Q including Sky cinema and sports. Outside you have a small enclosed private space with table and seating.
A short stroll from the Studio is a renowned view point called Castle Hill giving magnificent views over the Avon Valley – especially popular in the evening with the setting sun. In the neighbouring village of Woodgreen, is a typical forest pub “The Horse and Groom”. Here you can enjoy fine food, good ales and welcoming hospitality from Jason the landlord. It is a pleasant walk from the studio in the summer months and our favourite local.
Woodgreen also boasts a community shop run by dedicated locals – a rare find in this day and age! Well worth a visit for its local produce.
Dogs are welcome but we ask that they stay off the bed and furniture. You are spoilt for walks and footpaths – in fact Arden actually sits on the Avon Valley footpath. It’s perfect for cycling too and there is plenty of room to store your bikes. You can park directly outside the studio but you may have to wrestle your spot with the donkeys and ponies!
The town of Fordingbridge is a short drive away and has a host of shops, pubs and take-away food. Arden Studio makes the perfect get-away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and offers short stay breaks, but you may find you won’t want to leave.
Available (no check-in)
Check-in 3 pm, Check-out 10 am
- 50% non-refundable deposit is required to book. Balance due 1 month before arrival. Refunds are not given. We strongly advise taking out holiday insurance or using our refundable booking upgrade (an optional extra when completing the booking)
- 2-night minimum stay
- Please use the calendar to check our availability and prices
- You will be contacted a week before your stay with information including the code for the key safe and directions to the property
Take a look
- 1 king-size bedroom
- Stunning views from the large picture window in the bedroom
- Kitchenette with 2 ring hob & combination microwave
- Sofa bed in the lounge
- Tassimo coffee machine with pods
- Linen & towels provided
- Dressing gowns
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron & mini ironing board
- Sky Q & DVD player
- Amazon dot speaker
- Small enclosed private garden
- Ample parking
- Dogs welcome
- Direct access to the new forest
- Footpaths leading directly from the studio
- Local pub & shop nearby
- Complimentary extras
View a different property
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, 4 Beds, Sleeps 6, 2 Dogs
Fordingbridge, New Forest
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, 2 Beds, Sleeps 2, 2 Dogs
Godshill Wood, New Forest
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, 2 Beds, Sleeps 4, 2 Dogs
Downton, New Forest